VIABILITY clubhouses are accredited by Clubhouse International and feature:
• A first belief in the notion of “recovery through work”
• A vibrant work ordered day where members and staff work together in partnership in the operation of the clubhouse
• A strong employment program that offers three tiers of job placement and support
• An active social component that helps connect members with each other and to social opportunities and connections in the larger community
clubhouses provide members with the opportunity to:
• Increase social, vocational, and educational skills
• Transition into the workplace
• Get back to school
• Increase participation in the community
VIABILITY clubhouses guarantee:
• A right to a place to come
• A right to meaningful work
• A right to meaningful relationships
• A right to a place to return
Membership is voluntary and services are designed to meet individual needs.
Members have access to several specialized units to manage each club's work as well as to learn and master critical vocational skills. This approach ensures cooperation, inclusion, and shared responsibility. It also allows each member to be productive despite his or her disability. Because of the importance of work to gaining a sense of purpose and self-esteem, work and work-related activities are a primary focus as the clubhouses.
YOUNG ADULT SUPPORTS
SUBSTANCE ABUSE RECOVERY
SERVICES FOR THE HOMELESS
Much more than a program or social service, a clubhouse is a community of people who are working together to achieve a common goal. This opportunity to be a part of a successful working community is restorative and builds dignity and self-esteem. Members gain access to opportunities that connect them with the community, employment, education, and friendships, which enable them to take ownership of their recovery.
MIKE TURNS HOBBY INTO FULL-TIME CAREER
LIGHTHOUSE MEMBER OWNS LOCAL PHOTOGRAPHY BUSINESS
Lighthouse member Mike Maloni has shaped a career out of finding the extraordinary in the ordinary. In the past year, the part-time photographer turned his passion into a full-time endeavor. As the Founder of Mike Maloni Photography, LLC, Mike sells his images on his website: mikemaloni.zenfolio.com. His subjects include seasonal pictures, beaches, cityscapes, fruit, sports, flowers, and landmarks in Western Massachusetts, and are available for affordable prices.